[one_third valign=”top” animation=”none”]
This programme will help participants to develop their effectiveness and skills to help organisations to thrive and
enact change successfully.
[two_third_last valign=”top” animation=”none”]
Higher Diploma in Leadership
[tabs position=”left-top” style=”simple” type=”click”]
• Level 8 Higher Diploma Programme (60 ECTS).
• Online/Blended flexible mode of delivery.
• An array of supports via our Virtual Learning Environment – Moodle platform will be available for all participants.
• Developed in partnership with the Midlands Regional Skills Manager and relevant industry partners.
• Personal and supportive approach to teaching and learning.
• Problem-focussed assignments will be used to challenge and expand the students knowledge, skills and competence.
• The programme addresses to a significant level all four key areas, which have been deemed by government as being of critical importance at this time: digital skills, transversal skills, management and leadership skills and the workplace of the future.
You will experience:
– In-Depth Leadership Development: focussed on the diverse range of competencies central to leadership – strategy development and enactment, task planning, developing others, relationship building
and leading change.
– Real World Application: Challenging reflective assignments that require you to use your learning in practice
– Peer Learning and Networking: Learning within a community of managers and professionals – collaborating together to learn
– Industry and Academic Experience: A team of lecturers with experience in academia and industry: A team of Management Consultants, Work and Organisational Psychologists, Coaches and Career
Development Experts deliver modules in this programme.
– Flexible Delivery: Delivered online primarily, with four face to face Saturday sessions during the academic year.
– Live Online Sessions and Self Directed Learning: Live online evening classes are facilitated on weeknights; learners will also be required to engage with assignments, discussion forums, groupwork,
quizzes, as well as prescribed and self-directed readings throughout the year.
-Variety of Assignments: e.g. individual and group projects, live and recorded online presentations, reports, case studies.
Aim of Programme
Aim of Programme
The programme is designed for those who have decided they wish to develop knowledge, skills and
behaviours that will assist in developing or enhancing leadership and management techniques, either
wholly or as part of their work role. The Level 8 Higher Diploma is a professional qualification with a syllabus that comprehensively covers all aspects of the manager’s role and is based around practical
experience and reflective practice.
Programme Learning Outcomes
• Knowledge Breadth : Demonstrate a detailed knowledge of a number of business leadership issues
• Knowledge Kind : Demonstrate a critical understanding of theoretical concepts relevant to workplace competencies.
• Know How & Skill Range : Demonstrate broad analytical skills and propose solutions to appropriate managerial issues within an organisational environment.
• Know How & Skill Selectivity : Be able to exercise appropriate judgement, apply appropriate solutions to managerial activity, and implement their solution in a creative and effective manner.
• Competence Context : Use advanced skills to apply academic concepts and experiential learning in a creative fashion to a range of business management situations and contexts.
• Competence Role : Act under guidance while working with peer relations in researching management issues and proposing solutions to these issues.
• Competence Learning to Learn : Manage independent learning in variable and unfamiliar business contexts.
• Competence Insight : Demonstrate a critical understanding of application of leadership in a business environment
[numbers stop=”8″ suffix=”” icon=”star”]NFQ Level[/numbers]
[numbers stop=”60″ suffix=”” icon=”star”]Credits[/numbers]
– Reflective Practice in the Workplace: Students develop a detailed knowledge of interpersonal skills which contribute to Leadership
– Leadership and Management Development: Focuses on identifying and developing key leadership competencies that engage colleagues and help to lead change effectively.
– Aligning Resources and Plans: Develops students capacity for strategic thinking and developing plans for successful implementation of strategy
– Stakeholder Relationship Management: Students develop their ability to influence, nurture and maintain positive relationships with key stakeholders within and outside of an organisation.
– Developing People: Equipping students with a set of talent management principles and effective coaching competences.
– Group Project: Working individually and in a group to apply learning from the programme to tackle critical leadership problems
For more detail on the content of modules or course delivery please do not hesitate to get in touch via email at [email protected]
Minimum Entry Requirements
Minimum Entry Requirements
Level 7 Ordinary Degree in any discipline or equivalent.
Graduates of this programme will be eligible to apply for the MBA and MBS within the AIT Business
Faculty and an array of level 9 programmes in other institutions.
[progress_bar value=”100″ icon=”time” size=”medium”]1 Year [/progress_bar]
1 Year; 24 weeks. Monday and Thursday 7.00pm to 9.45pm Online. Plus two Saturdays Face to Face
Induction for the 2021/22 academic year takes place (online via Zoom) on Saturday 11th Sept from 9.30am to 1.00pm.
Commencing Monday 13 September 2021
Monday and Thursdays ONLINE 7.00pm to 9.45 pm
Plus occasional Saturday workshops.
Weekly lectures will be delivered online and recordings of lectures will be available to view in the student’s own time.
Successful completion of this programme requires consistent student effort and engagement throughout the academic year with a focus on self-directed learning. As well as engaging with live sessions, it is expected that students will engage in pre class readings/activities in preparation for their live sessions.
This is a Springboard+ Funded Programme.
This programme will be fully funded for eligible unemployed applicants.
Eligible employed applicants will be 90% funded. They will have to pay 10% directly to AIT. The 10% payable is €450.
For full details of eligibility criteria and to apply go to www.springboardcourses.ie
Assignments for the modules will include a combination of individual and group projects, reflective assignments, live and recorded online presentations, reports, case studies and forum based assignments. Students are tasked with linking theory to practice throughout, so a key theme in all assessments is reflection on practical application to the workplace.
Previous Student Testimonials
I was promoted from an Engineering role to a managerial role without any management knowledge or skill. This course really challenged me, I came away with positive outcomes it’s improved my confidence and my career prospects.
Jac Joel, Designer
Whilst completing the course, an opportunity presented itself in my company to apply for a managerial position. The work completed as part of the HDip in Leadership equipped me with a vocabulary, mindset and skillset that helped me gain this promotion. I use techniques and approaches that were delivered during this course on a daily basis with my new team.
Alan Fitzgerald, Process Automation Manager
I found the course to be excellent. Its focus was broad, covering competencies from a theory perspective but also the opportunity for real life application. I enjoyed working with students from varying backgrounds and industries. Personally, it helped me learn a lot about myself through psychometric testing and feedback and has been hugely beneficial to my confidence in my role and in partnering with other leaders in my organisation.
Siobhan Ryan, HR Generalist
Completing the Leadership Course was genuinely beneficial for both professional and personal development. I find myself considering the bigger picture, employing more emotional intelligence, as well as striving to improve processes in my day to day role by implementing the course learnings. On a personal note, I have found the course learnings are also beneficial and taking part in this course has provided an appetite for further learning.
Elizabeth McGuigan, Key Account Manager
This is undoubtedly a high quality programme. Lectures were adapted seamlessly to the online environment, with use of breakout rooms and multimedia to provide for an engaging and varied learning experience. Recordings of each lecture were made available, allowing for greater flexibility. All course material was made available online, as well as ample sources of ‘required’ and ‘additional reading’ and relevant multimedia. This material was well structured on the Learning Management System and was easy to navigate. In particular, I appreciate how course material was always relevant to practical application, while at the same time being firmly grounded in the relevant literature.
Corina Griffin, Educator
This course was way above and beyond any expectations I had. It was very well designed and I learned a phenomenal amount of information relating to the different facets of leadership. At the same time it allowed me to have a very deep understanding of the subject and it was extremely interesting. I was so impressed that it was done in a way that really allowed you to understand the topic, and to incorporate what we were learning and studying to your role in the workplace.
Sinéad Cusack, Customer Services Supervisor
This course has given me excellent tools which I been actively using throughout the year in my workplace to help improve team working, relationships with service users, service planning,. It has improved my self awareness and reflective practice and made me a better team member. I have gained skills in research and critical appraisal of evidence. I have a much broader view of the service I work in and the possibilities there. It has increased my confidence, enthusiasm and motivation within my working life. I would recommend it to anyone.
Fiona Monahan, Senior Paediatric Occupational Therapist
Email: [email protected]