Developed in association with industry leaders, this specialist course promotes a critical awareness of the most recent advances in the procurement, purchasing and tendering function and the critical contribution of the function to business efficiencies and effectiveness.
Chat LIVE with a member of the
Department of Lifelong Learning team
Certificate in Procurement
Download for Print
Aim of Programme
Aim of Programme
This programme is aimed at those already working in a purchasing and procurement function, or aspiring to do so. The programme will give the student the knowledge, skills and competencies to become effective employees in a procurement and purchasing function. This programme has been designed to apply across all industries, and will give the participants an opportunity to reskill or upskill to take up roles in the area of procurement, purchasing and tendering. It is also suitable for unemployed persons that meet the entry requirements.
On successful completion of this programme the learner will be able to:
- Understand and analyse the added value that can be achieved through procurement and supply chain management
- Understand how to devise a business case for requirements to be sourced from external suppliers
- Understand the legal issues that relate to the formation of contract
- Understand ethical and responsible sourcing
- Prepare for negotiations with external organisations
- Understand the dynamics of relationships in supply chains
- Demonstrate the application of the procurement cycle
- Principles of Procurement
- Operations and Logistics Management
- Inventory Management
- Spend Analysis and Category Management
- Tendering, Contract and Negotiation
- Professional Development, Career Planning and Work Based Project
Mature applicants (i.e over 23 years) or Leaving Certificate – Grade O6 at ordinary level in five subjects in the Leaving Certificate. Two of these subjects must be Mathematics and a language (English or Irish) or any QQI Level 5 or Recognition of Prior Learning.
AIT Induction Sessions will take place on Friday 18th September 2020, 6.00pm to 9.00pm, Saturday 19th September 2020, 9.30am to 12.30pm and 2.00pm to 5.00pm.
All registered students must attend one session, and you will be advised of your session when your application is processed. This is a face to face induction, where registered students will meet their lecturers and become acquainted with AIT operating systems, such as our online delivery platform, Moodle, Rules and Regulations etc.
All current regulations and public health guidelines in relation to social distancing will be in place at these sessions.
Monday and Wednesday 7.00 pm – 9.00 pm plus selected Saturdays in Athlone IT 9.30am to 4.30pm.
Semester 1 (2020): Oct 3rd, Oct 17th, Nov 14th, Nov 28th
Semester 2 (2021): Jan 23rd, Feb 6th, Mar 6th, Mar 20th
Monday, 21 September 2020, 7 pm
Free to applicants that meet Springboard+ Funding Eligibility Criteria.
For further details visit www.springboardcourses.ie