Aim of Programme
Aim of Programme
The overall objective of this programme is to help participants develop as effective Human Resource Management (HRM) practitioners and utilise the key skills required in this specialist area.
On completion of this programmes students will have:
- A greater awareness of the organisational context of Human Resource Management (HRM).
- An understanding of the key issues that impact on HRM.
- Practiced and developed, under expert guidance, a range of skills relevant to HRM
- Role of HRM in Organisations
- Resourcing Talent
- Professional Development, Career Planning and Work Based Learning
- Performance and Reward Management
- Employee Relations
- Group Project and Integrative Learning
Mature applicants (i.e over 23 years)
Leaving Certificate – Grade O6 at ordinary level in five subjects in the Leaving Certificate. Two of these subjects must be Mathematics and a language (English or Irish)
any QQI Level 5
Recognition of Prior Learning.
Induction for the 2022/2023 academic year takes place (online via Zoom) on Saturday 10th September from 930am to 1pm. In advance, you will be required to review Pre Induction reading material, available to you on www.aitflexiblelearning.ie.
During Induction, you will be given the opportunity to:
- Meet your programme lecturers, programme co-ordinator and students
- Overview of the programme handbook, programme’s modules, assessments and delivery timetable
- Introduction to Athlone IT’s operating systems including MS Office, Zoom, Moodle etc
- Outline of the learning supports available to you during the programme
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have a question?
You may find the information you need in our FAQ section.
If not, don’t hesitate to get in touch, we’re always happy to help.
Call 090 648 3050
Progression from the Certificate in Human Resource Management is on to the Level 6 Higher Certificate in Business programme, which is a one year programme.
Following successful completion, students are eligible to apply for the Level 7 Bachelor of Business Studies. On successful completion, students are eligible to apply and progress to the Level 8 Bachelor of Business Studies. On successful completion, students are eligible to apply and progress to a Level 9 Postgraduate Diploma in various disciplines or Masters of Business Studies in Research.
Tuesday 7 pm to 10 pm
Thursday 7 pm to 9 pm
Plus 4 Saturdays per semester Online (9 am – 1 pm).
For online programmes, lectures will be delivered online and recordings of lectures will be available to view in the student’s own time.
Semester 1 (2022)
This is a Springboard+ Funded Programme.
This programme will be fully funded for eligible applicants.
The programme’s assessments will be a combination of final examinations and continuous assessments.
Tuesday September 13th 2021