Aim of Programme
Aim of Programme
The programme will give you the knowledge, skills and competencies to become effective employees in the areas of office administration, book keeping and payroll administration.
This programme is aimed at those already working in an administrative, book keeping and payroll function, or aspiring to do so.
Developed in association with industry, this specialist course promotes a critical awareness of the most recent advances in book keeping, payroll administration and legislative changes in this functional area and the critical contribution of the function to business efficiencies and effectiveness. It is designed to apply across all industries, and will give the participants an opportunity to reskill or upskill to take up roles in the area of administrative, book keeping and payroll administration. It is also suitable for unemployed persons that meet the entry requirements.
On successful completion of this programme the graduate will have:
- Developed a detailed knowledge of the theory, concepts and methods employed within administrative, book keeping and payroll administration
- Developed a keen understanding of the main principles of bookkeeping and accounting
- The ability to carry out a broad range of bookkeeping and accounting procedure
- Acquired the important knowledge and skills required to use both manual and computerised payroll systems.
- Financial Accounting 1
- Human Resources and Developing People
- Professional Development, Career Planning and Work Based Learning
- Applied Accounting
- Payroll Applications and Management
- Introduction to Management
Minimum Entry Requirements
Mature applicants (i.e over 23 years)
Leaving Certificate Grade O6 at ordinary level in five subjects in the Leaving Certificate. Two of these subjects must be Mathematics and a language (English or Irish)
QQI Level 5 – Full award with a minimum of eight modules
Recognition of Prior Learning.
Induction for the 2022/2023 academic year takes place (online via Zoom) on Saturday 10th September from 930am to 1pm. In advance, you will be required to review Pre Induction reading material, available to you on www.aitflexiblelearning.ie.
During Induction, you will be given the opportunity to:
- Meet your programme lecturers, programme co-ordinator and students
- Overview of the programme handbook, programme’s modules, assessments and delivery timetable
- Introduction to Athlone IT’s operating systems including MS Office, Zoom, Moodle etc
- Outline of the learning supports available to you during the programme
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have a question?
You may find the information you need in our FAQ section.
If not, don’t hesitate to get in touch, we’re always happy to help.
Call 090 648 3050
Progression from the Certificate in Financial Accounting and Payroll is on to the Level 6 Higher Certificate in Business programme, which is a one year programme.
Following successful completion, students are eligible to apply for the Level 7 Bachelor of Business Studies. On successful completion, students are eligible to apply and progress to the Level 8 Bachelor of Business Studies. On successful completion, students are eligible to apply and progress to a Level 9 Postgraduate Diploma in various disciplines or Masters of Business Studies in Research.
Tuesday 7 pm – 10 pm
Thursday 7 pm to 9 pm
Plus 4 Saturdays per semester Online (9 am – 1 pm).
For online programmes, lectures will be delivered online and recordings of lectures will be available to view in the student’s own time.
Semester 1 (2022)
This is a Springboard+ Funded Programme.
This programme will be fully funded for eligible applicants.
The programme’s assessments will be a combination of final examinations and continuous assessments.
Tuesday, 13th September 2022