Aim of Programme
Aim of Programme
This programme has been created to enhance the skills of those interested in the area of entrepreneurship and innovation. The aim of this programme is to provide an opportunity for students to develop the technical, entrepreneurial, interpersonal, innovation and managerial knowledge, skills and competencies required for a variety of job opportunities in their own business.
The programmes intends to:
- To provide the students with a knowledge of those business disciplines which form the basis for a successful career as an entrepreneur.
- To develop the students’ understanding of the environmental factors which impact upon entrepreneurial development, innovation culture, growth and the success of modern business organisations.
- To increase the students’ awareness of how effective interpersonal relations at work contributes to the public image of an organisation and to its success.
- To enhance students’ awareness of potential business and innovation opportunities, sources of finance, appropriate technologies, marketing strategies and social media tools appropriate to the modern business environment.
- To cultivate a culture of entrepreneurship and innovation amongst students.
- To develop the students’ communication skills.
- The Business Environment and the Entrepreneur
- Entrepreneurial Skills
- Finance for Entrepreneurs
- New Business Idea Development and Commercialisation
- Marketing and Sales
- Professional Development, Career Planning and Work Based Project
Mature applicants (i.e over 23 years)
Leaving Certificate – Grade O6 at ordinary level in five subjects in the Leaving Certificate.
Two of these subjects must be Mathematics and a language (English or Irish)
any QQI Level 5 (Full award with a minimum of eight modules)
Recognition of Prior Learning. (APL/APEL)
Induction for the 2022/2023 academic year takes place (online via Zoom) on Saturday 10th September from 930am to 1pm. In advance, you will be required to review Pre Induction reading material, available to you on www.aitflexiblelearning.ie.
During Induction, you will be given the opportunity to:
- Meet your programme lecturers, programme co-ordinator and students
- Overview of the programme handbook, programme’s modules, assessments and delivery timetable
- Introduction to Athlone IT’s operating systems including MS Office, Zoom, Moodle etc
- Outline of the learning supports available to you during the programme
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have a question?
You may find the information you need in our FAQ section.
If not, don’t hesitate to get in touch, we’re always happy to help.
Call 090 648 3050
Progression from the Certificate in Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Creativity is on to the Level 6 Higher Certificate in Business programme, which is a one year programme.
Following successful completion, students are eligible to apply for the Level 7 Bachelor of Business Studies. On successful completion, students are eligible to apply and progress to the Level 8 Bachelor of Business Studies. On successful completion, students are eligible to apply and progress to a Level 9 Postgraduate Diploma in various disciplines or Masters of Business Studies in Research.
Monday 7 pm to 9 pm
Wednesday 7 pm to 10 pm
Plus 4 Saturdays per semester Online (9 am – 1 pm).
For online programmes, lectures will be delivered online and recordings of lectures will be available to view in the student’s own time.
Semester 1 (2022)
The programme’s assessments will be a combination of final examinations and continuous assessments.
Monday, September 12th 2022
This programme has been designed to enhance the skills of those interested in the area of entrepreneurship and innovation.