Postgraduate Diploma in Quality Management and Validation
[three_fourth valign=”top” animation=”none”]
[tabs position=”left-top” style=”simple” type=”click”]
Aim of Programme
Aim of Programme
The aim of the Postgraduate Diploma in Quality Management and Validation is to provide an educational experience that enables participants to achieve an integrated understanding of the operation and strategy of Quality Management and Validation, and to develop appropriate intellectual and personal skills.
Specifically the programme is designed to offer participants the opportunity to gain a detailed knowledge of the underpinning theory and effective practice of Quality Management and Validation which will be of particular benefit in a range of management and leadership roles as well as in specialized Quality Management and Validation roles.
After successfully completing the programme, participants will have demonstrated the competencies necessary to:
- Adopt analytical, systematic approaches toward problem solving and decision making, while simultaneously displaying an appropriate awareness and understanding of the sensitivities involved in the context of organisational dynamics;
- Demonstrate personal qualities of empathy, leadership, teamworking;
- Manage their own learning and development, and evaluate their own experience through a reflective approach towards the impact of the programme on their lives;
- Be catalysts of change within their employing organisations, as a result of the adoption of creative and innovative approaches to opportunities and threats.
This programme will be delivered full-time through an innovative blended learning approach involving facilitated workshops and online virtual learning classes. It utilises highly participatory learning and teaching approaches with a significant degree of collaborative group work in the classroom setting.
The flexibility and agility of this programme, will allow students to specialise in a pathway most suited to their skills, career aspirations, and employer needs while undertaking core modules that will give them a broader insight into Quality Management and Validation.
[numbers stop=”9″ suffix=”” icon=”star”]NFQ Level[/numbers]
[numbers stop=”60″ suffix=”” icon=”star”]Credits[/numbers]
- Strategic Management and Leadership
- Project, Reliability Engineering, Risk Management
- Quality Management, Standards and GMP
- Statistical Process Control, Calibration, Validation
- Research Methods
- Applied Case Studies – WBL Strategic Capstone Project
Minimum Entry Requirements
Minimum Entry Requirements
Level 8 Degree in any non-cognate discipline
Those with a level 7 degree in any non-cognate discipline with three years post qualification and/or those who meet the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) requirements as per the Institute RPL policy will also be considered. Such candidates will have to attend for interview.
Note: Non cognate discipline is defined as the discipline area OTHER than the discipline area of the Post Graduate Diploma the student is applying for.
Progression from the Postgraduate Diploma in Quality Management and Validation is to the Masters of Science in Quality Management and Validation.
Induction for the 2022/2023 academic year takes place (online via Zoom) on Saturday 10th September from 930am to 1pm. In advance, you will be required to review Pre Induction reading material, available to you on www.aitflexiblelearning.ie.
During Induction, you will be given the opportunity to:
- Meet your programme lecturers, programme co-ordinator and students
- Overview of the programme handbook, programme’s modules, assessments and delivery timetable
- Introduction to Athlone IT’s operating systems including MS Office, Zoom, Moodle etc
- Outline of the learning supports available to you during the programme
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have a question?
You may find the information you need in our FAQ section.
If not, don’t hesitate to get in touch, we’re always happy to help.
Call 090 648 3050
[progress_bar value=”100″ icon=”time” size=”medium”]1 Year [/progress_bar]
Monday 7 pm – 9 pm
Wednesday 7 pm – 9 pm
Friday 2 pm – 5 pm
Plus 4 Saturdays per semester Online (9 am – 1 pm).
For online programmes, lectures will be delivered online and recordings of lectures will be available to view in the student’s own time.
Semester 1 (2022)
For the 2022/2023 academic year, this programme is 90% funded under the Human Capital Initiative. Applicants are required to pay €825 for the programme.
The programme’s assessments will be a combination of final examinations and continuous assessments.
Monday 12th September 2022
[one_fourth_last valign=”top” animation=”none”]
This programme will be delivered full-time through an innovative blended learning approach involving facilitated workshops and online virtual learning classes.