This programme has been designed to enhance the skills of those interested in the area of entrepreneurship and innovation.
Please refer to our
Quick Help Guide
for step by step instructions.
Certificate in Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Creativity
Download for Print
Aim of Programme
Aim of Programme
This programme has been created to enhance the skills of those interested in the area of entrepreneurship and innovation. The aim of this programme is to provide an opportunity for students to develop the technical, entrepreneurial, interpersonal, innovation and managerial knowledge, skills and competencies required for a variety of job opportunities in their own business.
The programmes intends to:
- To provide the students with a knowledge of those business disciplines which form the basis for a successful career as an entrepreneur.
- To develop the students’ understanding of the environmental factors which impact upon entrepreneurial development, the innovation culture, the growth, and the success of modern business organisations.
- To increase the students’ awareness of how effective interpersonal relations at work contributes to the public image of an organisation and to its success.
- To enhance students’ awareness of potential business and innovation opportunities, sources of finance, appropriate technologies, marketing strategies and social media tools appropriate to the modern business environment.
- To cultivate a culture of entrepreneurship and innovation amongst students.
- To develop the students’ communication skills.
- The Business Environment and the Entrepreneur
- Entrepreneurial Skills
- Finance for Entrepreneurs
- New Business Idea Development and Commercialisation
- Marketing and Sales
- Professional Development, Career Planning and Work Based Project
Mature applicants (i.e over 23 years)
Leaving Certificate – Grade O6 at ordinary level in five subjects in the Leaving Certificate.
Two of these subjects must be Mathematics and a language (English or Irish) or any QQI Level 5
Recognition of Prior Learning.
AIT Induction Sessions will take place on Friday 18th September 2020 6.00pm to 9.00pm, Saturday 19th September 2020, 9.30am to 12.30pm and 2.00pm to 5.00pm.
All registered students must attend one session, and you will be advised of your session when your application is processed. This is a face to face induction, where registered students will meet their lecturers and become acquainted with AIT operating systems, such as our online delivery platform, Moodle, Rules and Regulations etc.
All current regulations and public health guidelines in relation to social distancing will be in place at these sessions.
Monday and Wednesday (Online) 7.00 pm – 9.00 pm plus selected Saturdays in Athlone IT 9.30 am to 4.30 pm
Semester One (2020):
Oct 3rd, Oct 17th, Nov 14th, Nov 28th
Semester Two (2021):
Jan 23rd, Feb 6th, Mar 6th, Mar 20th
Monday 7pm – 21 September 2020
For further information contact the Department of Lifelong Learning.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: +353(0)90 648 3050